If money is tight and the bills seem to be piling up more than ever, it’s probably time to scale back on your expenses and save as much as possible.
If you’re like most consumers in today’s financial environment, you’re constantly looking for ways to keep more money in your pocket and less on extra expenditures.
When you’re reviewing your budget for potential ways to save, your energy bill might not be the first area that comes to mind for cutting costs—until now!
Fortunately, Peso Power, the #1 retail energy provider in Texas, is on your side. We’ve compiled a list of top tips for the best ways to save money on electricity.
Read on for 11 ways you can save money on electric bills every month.
- If you’ve been asking yourself how to save electricity at home, look no further than your daily routine. Switch off lights when you leave the room, and turn off computers, TVs, or other mobile devices when they’re not in use.
- Even better than just switching devices or lights off is to actually unplug them. In addition to unplugging appliances or devices you’re not currently using, unplug other items that you use less frequently. Think of appliances like your toaster/toaster oven, blender, and other kitchen items that you may not use on a daily basis.
- Energy-saving doesn’t stop at the kitchen! If you have TVs, lamps, computers, and/or power strips in spare or guest bedrooms, or any other areas of your home that are not frequented each day, unplug those as well for added savings.
- Set your thermostat higher in the summer and lower in the winter. In colder months, set your thermostat to 50-55 degrees Fahrenheit, especially when you’re at work or otherwise out of the house. Chilly? Add an extra blanket to your bed, use a small space heater, or dress in cozy layers for added warmth.
- In the summer months, set your thermostat to 85-90 degrees Fahrenheit when you’re away for work or vacation. You’ll definitely notice savings start to stack up on your next power bill.
- Feeling too toasty when you’re at home? Try a box fan, or open some windows for a free, cool breeze.
- Avoid cooking or otherwise heating up your kitchen during the hottest parts of the day. If you don’t, your A/C will be working in overdrive to cool down your house, which means added costs on your power bill.
- The same goes for running your dishwasher, clothes washing machine, and dryer. Try to use them early in the morning or after sundown when temps have dropped considerably.
- Speaking of your dishwasher and clothes washers, while you don’t want to overload them, you do want to be sure to only run them with full loads. Running these appliances with very small loads mean more cycles—and more money!
- Consider prepaid electricity. Prepaid energy plans give consumers the option to pay for their electricity before it gets used. Track your household’s habits with Smart Meters, devices that record and transmit your power consumption in real time, so you can easily see what areas you need to scale back in to stay on budget.
- Whether you’re interested in prepaid energy plans, postpaid “traditional” plans, or even small business energy plans, Peso Power has you covered. Even better, Peso Power makes sure everyone is approved—with NO credit check, NO deposit, and NO S.S.N./I.D. check required for service!
See why Peso Power is consistently ranked as the #1 retail energy provider in Texas! Visit https://pesopower.com/ and get hooked up FAST with the best utility service in the state.