What is the Average Electric Bill?
Part of making smart financial decisions involves making (and sticking to) a budget. Planning around your expected expenses can help you take control of your spending and boost your savings.
Have you found yourself wondering about the average electricity bill cost in your area? If you live in Texas, read on for some very important information about how much you can expect to fork over for your power plan.
How much does electricity cost?
Texans who live in deregulated areas have the ability to select their power providers, rather than being made to utilize the services of only one electric company. This creates a competitive market between utility companies, resulting in more appealing prices and plans for the consumer.
- The average utility cost in Texas is approximately $0.1098 per kilowatt-hour (kWh).
- Most Texans use about 1,171 kWh of energy each month, making that average utility bill cost around $128.50.
- What about the average electric bill for a one-bedroom apartment? Depending on the size of your home, you can expect to pay somewhere right above or below the average cost of electricity per month in Texas.
- Of course, the smaller the home, and the fewer people residing there, the lower the bill will usually be. Larger homes often have more people living in them, which means more electricity being used at a higher frequency, so those monthly rates will rise according to a particular household’s size.
Ways to save on your electricity bill
Now that you know about how much to expect to pay each month, what tips or tricks can you use to help you save as much money as possible on the average electric bill in Texas?
Peso Power is here to help you make the best decisions for your particular budget and lifestyle.
- Know your options. The Peso Power team realizes that there isn’t one perfect option that will work for everyone. Peso is pleased to offer postpaid, prepaid, and small business power plans to suit your unique needs.
- Postpaid plans require payment at the end of the billing cycle after you have used the electricity. These plans are the most common and are therefore known as “traditional” payment plans. Postpaid plans are popular picks for those who prefer not to have to closely track their usage habits.
- Prepaid electricity plans allow customers to “pay as you go,” or pay for power usage before it actually occurs. Prepaid plans are great choices for Texans who want to feel more in control of the amount they are spending prior to receiving a bill.
- Smart Meters are electronic devices that record and transmit your home’s data usage, allowing prepaid power customers to monitor their energy consumption and scale back when necessary. The ability to add funds to your prepaid account if the balance dips too low makes many consumers feel more confident enrolling in this type of plan.
- Small business electricity plans are yet another way Peso Power can provide your locally-based company with a dependable, affordable power plan.
Why pick Peso Power?
In addition to the various utility plans available, what sets Peso Power apart from the competition?
- Peso Power is on a mission to ensure that Texans have access to reliable, cost-conscious electricity. No one gets turned down with Peso, so don’t let worry over bad credit keep you from reaching out today.
- That’s right—everyone is approved with Peso Power! NO credit check, NO deposit, and NO SSN/ID check will hold you back.
- Friendly, knowledgeable service also comes with speedy service—as soon as same-day activation, and even as quick as two hours, depending on where you live.
- Peso Power also regularly offers special rates and promotions to help you save even more cash, so you can save or spend your money however you choose.
What are you waiting for? Don’t delay—call, email, or fill the inquiry form and connect with Peso Power today!