Frequently Asked Electricity Questions
What do you know about electricity? For the average consumer, it’s usually not too much aside from paying the monthly bill. Understanding your power bill is key when it comes to cutting costs.
Do you have questions about electricity? You’re not alone! Your power bill can be confusing, so we’re here to break it down for you and give you the answers to all your electric questions.
Read on for the most asked questions and answers on electricity, straight from the team at Peso Power, the #1 retail energy provider in the great state of Texas.
Which appliances use the most electricity?
One of the most common electricity questions consumers have revolves around appliances.
- Research has shown that refrigerators, water heaters, and HVAC systems use the most energy in the typical household setting.
- Purchasing energy “smart” appliances, labeled as “Energy Star”-certified, means you’re buying appliances that have been designed with energy efficiency in mind.
- It’s always a good idea to buy Energy Star appliances when you can. Their initial price tag will more than pay for itself with the amount of savings you’ll rack up over time.
- Refrigerators are a top offender due to their size as well as how frequently they’re used.
- To save energy with your fridge, make sure the door(s) are properly sealed, and keep them closed as much as possible to prevent cold air from escaping.
- When it comes to your home’s water heater, questions about electrical usage aim at how to decrease associated costs.
- Lowering the thermostat and ensuring the tank has proper insulation are both ways to save more money.
- Also, use cold water as much as possible to lessen the load on your water heater.
How can I save more on my power bill in the winter?
Before you know it, the hot summer heat has dissipated, and colder temps roll in—what can you do to stay warm and toasty in the winter without paying an exorbitantly high bill? How can you save more on electricity bills?
This topic is always an electricity question and answers highly sought-after by consumers.
- The U.S. Department of Energy recommends setting your thermostat at 68 degrees Fahrenheit in the colder winter season when you’re at home.
- If you plan on being away for an extended period of time (around at least eight hours or more) you can save between 5-15% on your power bill by lowering your thermostat’s temperature 10-15 degrees below the usual setting.
- See how low you can comfortably handle the temperature at night by bundling up with extra blankets and dressing in warmer layers.
- During sunny days, open your drapes or blinds to let natural warmth from the sunshine add extra heat to your house.
- Consider adding a space heater to your home for extra warmth.
What is prepaid electricity all about?
Have you heard the buzz about prepaid electricity? Also called “pay as you go” power, prepaid plans put the consumer in the driver’s seat, not the power company. Electricity Questions and answers surrounding this hot topic are always in demand.
- Texans choose to enroll in prepaid power plans when they want to monitor their energy consumption more closely to save additional money.
- Prepaid plans require payment ahead of time before the power is even used, which is a stark contrast to the more “traditional” postpaid method, in which you pay for your power after it has already been consumed.
- Customers can track their household’s energy usage with Smart Meters, which are electronic devices installed in your home to record and transmit data in real-time.
- The team at Peso Power also analyzes your home’s energy usage to be able to give you helpful hints and tricks for saving extra energy and money each month.
- By analyzing their own household’s energy consumption, consumers can scale back as needed in any areas where they may be at risk of going over their account balance.
- However, if you’re a Peso Power customer who does go over your prepaid account balance, no big deal! Additional funds can be added to tide your account over until the end of the billing cycle quickly and easily.
- Receive account alerts however you choose—via phone, text, or email. You can log in and check your account balance at any time, and you’ll get a notification if your account balance happens to dip a little too low for your liking.
- Yet another cash-saving perk of Peso Power’s prepaid energy plans is the fact that there are always new and exciting promotions, rates, and incentives.
- At Peso Power, everyone is approved. Plans are available with NO deposit, NO credit check, and NO SSN or ID requirements.
Peso Power has something for everyone—prepaid, postpaid, and even small business energy plans are available at unbeatable rates.
When you’re ready to get hooked up—fast—with reliable, affordable electricity rates, look no further than the top team in Texas—Peso Power!
Simply call, email, or visit our contact page to enroll today. Depending on where you live, you may be able to have your services activated in as little as two hours—with no long-term contracts to lock you down!